Marriage licenses are issued in the County Clerk’s office. Both individuals must appear together. The license is valid for 30 days from the date of issuance and the license fee is non-refundable. The license must be used within the State of Kentucky.
You must be a minimum of 18 years of age to be married in Kentucky. Applicants 17 years of age must have a District Court Order and the license must be issued in the county of residence of the17 year old applicant.
No waiting period or blood test is required prior to issuance of a marriage license. In Kentucky, the individuals must be present to sign & swear to the information on the application.
- Name and address
- Date of birth & age
- Place of birth (If in KY give county, in another state give state)
- Father’s Full Name
- Mother’s Full First and Maiden Name
- Current status of individuals (Single, Divorced, Annulled, Widowed)
- Number of previous marriages of individuals
- Occupations of individuals
- Race of individuals
- Whether individuals are related (first and second cousins are not permitted to marry)
- Date of marriage
- Must present a valid Driver’s License