Junk a Vehicle

Junk Title Vehicles

Any person or entity having a motor vehicle or trailer that has been destroyed, deemed inoperable or unfit for future use, to the extent that its repairs cannot be obtained through usual commercial repair services, at a cost less that its retail value listed in the NADA Car Guide may surrender their title to the clerk’s office, junking the vehicle permanently. Vehicles or trailers that typically bear a vehicle identification number that has been removed may also surrender the title for junk status. Vehicles that are sold for parts must also surrender the title to the clerk’s office for junk status.

The following documents and information are required: (All forms highlighted in blue are downloadable simply by clicking on them and other highlighted words will direct you to that specified section.)

  • Certificate of Title
  • Driver’s license must be presented by owner to junk vehicle
  • License Plate must be surrendered to the county clerk to apply for junk status
  • The title must be clear of all liens
  • All property taxes must be paid in full on the vehicle prior to junking

NOTE-If the title for the vehicle has been lost, a duplicate title must be applied for. Vehicles cannot be junked without a title. See the Duplicate Title section for more information.

Junk Title Fee$1.00