Hunting & Fishing

To find places to fish in our local parks around the Louisville and entire Kentucky region, please click on the below links.


The County Clerk no longer issues Hunting and Fishing Licenses. These licenses can be purchased from merchants that sell sporting goods or online at Kentucky Fish and Wildlife. However, the clerk’s office does have information regarding Disability License Exemption Information, please read below.


Disability Social Security & SSI Exemption
KRS 150.175(aa) states that Kentucky residents certified totally and permanently disabled are eligible to purchase the discounted Senior/Disabled Combination Hunting and Fishing License, but must first obtain a disability authorization card to be able to purchase this special license. The procedure is as follows:

If your disability is through the:

  1. Federal Social Security Administration-contact your local social security office and request a TPQY long form
  2. Veteran’s Administration-contact your local VA office and request a letter stating your disability is at least 50% service connected
  3. State Worker’s Compensation Board- request an application from KDFWR, complete it and send it to the State Worker’s Compensation Board
  4. United States Railroad Retirement Board- contact the Board and request a letter stating you are 100% disabled
  5. Kentucky Teacher Retirement System-contact the Teacher Retirement System and request written documentation stating you are 100% disabled
  6. United States Office of Personnel Management-contact the Federal Office of Personnel Management and obtain certification of employment, obtain certification of being 100% disabled from a recognized authority, and obtain documentation of being a Kentucky resident.

To obtain your authorization card, do one of the following

  1. Mail your disability certification (and proof of residency #6)to: KDFWR, Disability License, #1 Sportsman’s Lane, Frankfort, KY 40601 or
  2. Fax the form to: Disability License, 502-564-9368 or
  3. Bring the form in person to the KDFWR office in Frankfort during business hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)

Once the documentation is processed, you will receive an authorization card that allows you to purchase the license from ANY license vendor. You must present the authorization card at time of purchase. Authorization cards are valid for three years - do not lose the authorization card or you will have to repeat the process unnecessarily the next year.

Holders of the Senior/Disabled Combination License, if qualifying for the license due to eligible disability, must carry both the license and authorization card while hunting and fishing.

The County Clerk’s Office has the Kentucky Sport Fishing and Boating Guides for any customer that is interested. These guides provide information about Kentucky Lakes, types of fish, and rules and regulations regarding sport fishing and boating.

For more information, please go to Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Website,