Marriage licenses are issued in the County Clerk’s office. Both individuals must appear together. The license is valid for 30 days from the date of issuance and the license fee is non-refundable. The license must be used within the State of Kentucky.
You must be 18 years of age to be married in Kentucky without parental consent. Applicants 16 & 17 years old must have parental consent and the license issued in the county of residence of the under aged applicant. No one under the age of 16 may be issued a license unless a District Court Judge issues a court order directing the Clerk to do so.
No waiting period or blood test is required prior to issuance of a marriage license. In Kentucky, the individuals must be present to sign & swear to the information on the application.
- Name and address
- Date of birth & age
- Place of birth (If in KY give county, in another state give state)
- Father’s Full Name
- Mother’s Full First and Maiden Name
- Current status of individuals (Single, Divorced, Annulled, Widowed)
- Number of previous marriages of individuals
- Occupations of individuals
- Race of individuals
- Whether individuals are related (first and second cousins are not permitted to marry)
- Date of marriage
- Must present a valid Driver’s License
You may view and print a copy of the marriage application and complete prior to coming to the clerk’s office, just click here.